Role: Immediate Medical Care Unit Nurse
Contract: Permanent full time
Working hours: 40 per week
In this role you will use your clinical expertise to supervise and deliver direct patient care in the Immediate Medical Care Unit (IMCU).
You will also manage the IMCU on a shift-by-shift basis developing an awareness of strategic management in the absence of the HOD / DNO.
Under the supervision of the HOD, the IMCU Staff Nurse will assist in the management of the IMCU team to promote professional practice development.
- Actively participate in the delivery of patient and family care, and act as a specialist clinical adviser to the students, nursing and medical team, and other hospital departments as required.
- On a shift-to-shift basis supervise and co-ordinate effective planning, delivery, evaluation and monitoring of standards of care carried out at IMCU for all patients, with due regard to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and their families.
- Ensure effective communication with patients and their relatives, keeping them informed of progress and treatment, and providing support and help as required.
- In the patient’s best interest carry out extended role nursing procedures, such as ambulance support, casting, and haemodynamic monitoring as per unit policies, following a competency-based training programme.
- Develop the role in accordance with the Council for Nurses and Midwives (CNM), Malta, Scope of Professional Practice.
- Ensure nursing care is delivered in accordance with Hospital policies; Departmental (IMCU) standard procedures and practices; CNM’s Code of Conduct and the Scope of Professional Practice.
- Co-ordinate and actively participate in safe and effective transportation of patients.
- Participate in health care promotion for patients, relatives & staff.
- Accurately interpret the significance of patients’ clinical signs, recognise the limitations of own sphere of responsibility and promptly refer patient to appropriate personnel.
- Undertake impeccable infection control practices.
Wage Range €29158 - €33,222 (also work an emergency on call roster and have the possibility of working extras)
- Recognised degree in nursing
- Registered with the nurse and midwifery council of Malta
- knowledge of emergency care
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and all medical and hospital staff
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Be responsible and compassionate
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Good time management
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional and friendly attitude
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Further Information about Malta
Read the country profile of Malta for information about this stunning island archipelago.
Register for medical jobs
Sign up for job alerts to get instant notification of new roles