- House officer posts in delightful city location, 90 minutes’ drive from Auckland
- Full time contracts with a variety of runs
- Excellent supervision and training opportunities
The house officer rotations are in various departments across Assessment and Rehabilitation, Medical Admitting, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, ENT, ED, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, and Relief.
These are full time roles on a rolling contract located in a 260 bed secondary general hospital catering to a regional population of 200,000 and growing. There is a 24/7 emergency department, range of medical and surgical services, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology and psychiatry supported by radiology, pathology and anaesthesiology.
This hospital has many posts accredited for postgraduate training and provides extensive supervision, training and continuing medical education.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
- Medical degree and internship completed. UK graduates must have completed FY1
- Eligible for provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- An excellent location to start your medical career in New Zealand
- A Workload which is not excessive
- National pay rates, no NI and practice expenses recoverable
Applications: Please forward your CV for immediate consideration and advise which specialities you are interested in.
Three referees will be required