The jobs are based in a level 5 hospital with acute services including general medicine and medical sub-specialities, cardiology, intensive care, paediatrics, O&G, mental health, orthopaedics, general and vascular surgery, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. A further batch of jobs is available within a satellite hospital which has 125 beds.
Both hospitals are located in coastal cities of the North Island with access to a splendid selection of beaches and activities.
- working under the supervision of consultants and registrars, you will be responsible for the management of in patients, the arrangement of investigations, prescribing of drugs, maintenance of concise and up to date patient records and assessment and diagnosis of new admissions
- on call duties covering evenings, nights and weekends
- working hours on average 53 per week.
- Applicants must hold or be eligible for provisional general registration with the New Zealand Medical Council (please contact us for details)
- You must have completed internship or Foundation Year 1 (UK Graduates)
- The employer is passionate about medical education and offers protected teaching for four hours a week, including an active simulation programme.
- There is a clinical governance framework in place and research opportunities will be available for interested and enthusiastic trainees.
- Salaries are paid monthly in accordance with the national framework for Resident Medical Officers
- Relocation expenses are not covered but costs of medical licence can be claimed.
All applications should include:
- Up-to-date CV
- 3 x referee details (one of whom must be your most recent supervisor).