As a 2nd year House Officer or Senior House Officer you will have the opportunity for 3 to 6 month rotations in:
- Surgical Relief
- Medical Relief
- Emergency Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Geriatric Medicine including outpatient clinics
For Senior House Officers there is also the opportunity to apply for the highly desirable SHO positions in ICU.
The House Officers and Senior House Officers are well supported in a collegial environment with Registrars and Senior Medical Officers.
These jobs are located in a regional general 350 bed hospital in an university city in the North island of New Zealand which is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. Wellington the capital city, is only a two hour journey by road, as are the wine growing regions of Hawke’s Bay and Wairarapa.
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the local region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels.
There are excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex. Cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable
- To provide appropriate assessment , diagnosis and management of patients presenting to the hospital
- To liaise with other specialist services within the hospital and community as appropriate
- To maintain up to date legible and accurate clinical records
- Maintain a high standard of communication with patients, patients’ families and staff.
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Completed internship or foundation year 1
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration. Three references are required, one of whom most be your current supervisor.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic