House Officers are sought to join a regional base hospital in New Zealand’s north island. The hospital provides secondary level medical services for a regional population of over 170,000, supported by three smaller hospitals.
This hospital provides a wide range of services including Emergency Department, Internal Medicine and medical specialties, general surgery, orthopaedics, urology, ophthalmology, ICU, ENT, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, and Psychiatry. Excellent Radiology and Pathology services are available on site.
The successful applicants will be living in a beautiful part of New Zealand with warm summers, mild winters and lots of opportunities for outdoor activities on land and at sea just two hours' drive from Auckland, with regular flights to and from Auckland Airport.
- Provide competent, timely and thorough assessment of persons presenting or referred for assessment
- Provide competent and effective treatment including acute 24 hour care and follow up management.
- Meet current standards of professional practice recommended by the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Meet the professional development criteria of the appropriate Royal College.
- Contribute to service quality assurance by participating in clinical audits, case reviews and incident review processes
- Qualifications: Medical Degree from WHO approved school
- Experience: Internship completed and 2 years of experience post internship
- License: General Registration or Eligibility for General Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non native speakers)
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.