A Senior House Officer post in paediatrics is available for commencement in August 2022 for 6- 12 months in a regional general hospital in New Zealand's North Island.
- 260 bed regional general hospital providing secondary medical care
- offers excellent experience of general paediatrics in a provincial centre
- busy 22 bed general paediatric ward,4 bed inpatient unit, outpatients and a level 2 special care nursery (SCBU) with 12 beds.
- a supportive and enthusiastic consultant team and skilled nursing and allied health team.
- medical team includes 14 consultants, 12 registrars and 3 fellows with 12 House Officers and medical students.
- paediatric service is supported by specialist ED and ICU services and has good access to radiology and laboratory services.
- accredited Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) paediatric training site.
- work under consultant supervision
- in patient ward rounds, out patient paediatric clinics
- on call duties 1 in 8 roster
- General registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this or provisional general registration
- completed internship and must be PGY2 or above.
- salary - national pay scale for RMOS
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Excellent CME and supervision / clinical training
- Reimbursement of medical licence costs
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration with details of three referees, one of whom must be your current supervisor.