- Start: Jan 17th 2022
- 6 or 12 month contract
A six or 12 month run in paediatrics for house officers looking for experience in the speciality or the opportunity to take the diploma in paediatrics. Strong candidates can be promoted into Registrar positions.
The hospital is a 350 bed general hospital in the south east of the North Island and provides a full range of medical and surgical services except neuro and cardiac surgery. It operates a regional oncology service.
- To provide appropriate assessment , diagnosis and management of patients presenting to the Paediatric Department.
- To liaise with other specialist services within the hospital and community as appropriate
- To maintain up to date legible and accurate clinical records
- Maintain a high standard of communication with patients, patients’ families and staff.
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Completed internship
- Experience working in paediatrcis is helpful but not essential
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
A major university city in the North island of New Zealand, Palmerston North is the home of Massey University and is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. Wellington the capital city, is only a two hour journey by road, as are the wine growing regions of Hawke’s Bay and Wairarapa.
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the local region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels.
There are excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex. Cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic