Contract: Permanent full time
Working hours: 40 per week
1. Promote sane, rational and cost-effective drug therapy
2. Assist in drug distribution and stock management for in-patients.
3. Assist dispensing of Drugs to discharged patients.
4. Provide drug information to patients and clinical staff
Your Main Duties will be to:
1. Create and maintain effective working relationships with all members of personnel.
2. Work according to the medicines and Kindred Medicines act, Code of Ethics of the Pharmaceutical Board and follow all the Policies and Procedures of the Pharmacy department as well as standards set by the Quality, Risk and Patient Safety Committee.
3. Work with Senior Pharmacist to identify opportunities and risk and to develop and improve quality of service offered,
4. Monitor patient’s total drug regime to promote safe, rational and cost-effective therapy, showing due regard for the problems of drug disposition, pathology test results, drug assays, adverse reactions, interference with laboratory results, toxicity, dosage formulation, compliance in administration and costs
5. Ensure that the prescribing of all medications conforms to legal and hospital requirements and that prescribing is clearly understood by all relevant personnel
6. Control the correct supply, handling, storage and administration of drugs in clinical areas by preparing the medications for individual patients at ward level, and advising nursing staff on the proper handling, security and administration of drugs
7. Liaise with medical, nursing and other health professionals to provide drug information and promote rational drug therapy
8. Counsel patients on their drug use
9. Develop and participate in education programs for pharmacists. Assist in the training of pharmacy students, pharmacy technicians and other training programs
10. Handle any complaints from wards, departments or patients in an efficient and sympathetic manner.
11. To undertake any other duties, within the level of competence, as required by the Senior Pharmacist, consistent with those of a Pharmacist
€30000 - €34000 depending upon experience
- Registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Malta
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability To exercise independent judgement in performing duties
- Knowledge of relevant legislation controlling drug use
- Ability to work under pressure together with a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to work accurately and diligently
- Ability to work out of hours.
- Excellent numeric and IT skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and maintenance of professional competence.
- Ability to contribute to, and work as part of, the healthcare team at ward and departmental levels
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Further Information about Malta
Read the country profile of Malta for information about this stunning island archipelago.
Register for medical jobs
Sign up for job alerts to get instant notification of new roles