An experienced Geriatrician is sought for a full time role in a 500+ bed government owned hospital in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The role attracts a tax free salary with generous benefits and provides scope for clinical work, administration, research, audit and teaching.
The hospital has large medical, surgical and paediatric departments, 24/7 emergency department, family medicine department (open 9-9), radiology and pathology and psychiatry services. It provides acute, elective and chronic primary and seconadary care and selected teriary care including cardiac surgery for which it is the regional centre in the Hijaz (Western Region of Saudi Arabia).
The Geriatrician is based in the department of Internal Medicine joining a team of Consultants, specialists and residents providing care for in patients and out patients in the busy medical department. The geriatrician will assess, diagnose and manage the elderly patients in the department and will also provide a consultation service to other hospital departments.
- Medical Degree from WHO approved school
- Residency in Internal Medicine
- Fellowship in Geriatric medicine
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine (American Board, FRCPC or equivalent)
- Clean medical practice license in current practice jurisdiction
- Fluent English communication
- Arabic language preferred (patient demographic not English speaking)
- Familiar with JCI policies