23 days ago
The locum consultant Geriatrician works with dedicated teams of medical, nursing and allied health staff primarily caring for older people with complex health and rehabilitation needs in a regional hospital of New Zealand.
The OPHRS service is co-managed with Mental Health Services Older People. The MHSOP service provides advice, assessment, treatment, care and support via a range of professions and assists people in the hospital catchment area who are over the age of 65 and experience significant mental health problems.
As a senior medical officer you will be expected to:
- Provide consultant services to patients requiring specialist care
- Interact daily with other departments
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service
- Have ability to work in the specialist inpatient, outpatient, intermediate care, and community settings
- Cover for colleagues in their absence
You will be known by your peers as someone who:
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams to provide patient centred care
- Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds
- Engages with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace
There are no after hours duties attached to this role.
In this region of New Zealand, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
- FRACP or equivalent qualification recognised by the Medical Council of New Zealand as equivalent.
- License: Vocational Registration or Eligibility for Vocational Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non-native speakers)
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.