Role: Consultant Geriatrician
Scope of practice – Geriatric medicine
Contract: permanent and full time
Geriatricians are sought to join an Older Persons and Rehabilitation Service (OPRS) team, within the Community Health Service Group to provide inpatient, outpatient and community-focused healthcare and link closely with the Older Persons Mental Health (OPMH) service to:
- Provide high quality diagnosis, treatment and follow up of clients
- Provide treatment in inpatient, outpatient, and community settings of a broad range of diagnoses and often complex co-morbidities.
- Admit and provide treatment and clinical oversight of inpatients in Older Persons and Rehabilitation wards
- Work together with other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Provide advice and support to colleagues in primary care
- Supervise resident Medical Officers and medical students as needed
The post is based in a busy 260-bed facility providing secondary services for a population of 150,000 and the tertiary centre for regional plastics, oral maxillofacial, burns and rheumatology services. It is the lead provider of the National Breast Screening Aotearoa Programme for breast screening services.
Hutt Valley is part of Wellington, Capital of New Zealand. The region offers great restaurants, a vibrant cultural scene and coffee culture as well as ample opportunity for outdoor pursuits. Sailing, water sports, cycle trails and walking trails among wooded hillsides with fantastic views abound in the “Coolest Little in Capital the World (Lonely Planet)”.
What’s in it for you:
Flexible work/life balance in a friendly and relaxed metropolitan location
Training and professional development opportunities
Generous and flexible annual leave entitlements
Indemnity Insurance provided
An attractive relocation package including relocation assistance
You will require:
- Eligibility for vocational or provisional vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in general medicine and geriatric medicine
- FRACP or equivalent qualification
If you are interested in this role, please forward CV for immediate consideration.