A vacancy exists for a motivated and experienced Geriatrician to work with dedicated teams of medical, nursing and allied health staff primarily caring for older people with complex health and rehabilitation needs.
- Full time, permanent role
- Public sector, general hospital
- FRACP or equivalent required
- Previous experience in geriatric medicine
- Eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Office hours only, no out of hours duties
As a senior medical officer you will be expected to:
- Provide consultant services to patients requiring specialist care
- Interact daily with other departments
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service
- Have ability to work in the specialist inpatient, outpatient, intermediate care, and community settings
- Cover for colleagues in their absence
- Work well in multidisciplinary teams to provide patient centred care
- Strive to improve the way services are developed and delivered
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds
- Engage with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services
- Focus on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace
- FRACP or equivalent qualification recognised by the Medical Council of New Zealand as equivalent.
- License: Vocational Registration or Eligibility for Vocational Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non-native speakers)
The OPHRS service is co-managed with Mental Health Services Older People. The MHSOP service provides advice, assessment, treatment, care and support via a range of professions and assists people in the hospital catchment area who are over the age of 65 and experience significant mental health problems.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.