The department of geriatrics has initiated some service programmes integrating treatments with general practitioners.
- Multi-disciplinary Older People’s Assessment & Liaison (OPAL) teams - supporting Integrated Family Health Centres/GP teams on a locality basis to proactively manage older people with frailty
- An Interface Geriatrics service to enable ‘front door’ geriatric assessment in the Emergency Department and Medical Admissions and Planning Unit
- An acute care unit for older people with frailty incorporating an OPAL unit – Older People’s Acute Assessment & Liaison (OPAL) unit
- An expanded Ortho-geriatric liaison service
- To provide a high standard of clinical practice and clinical expertise and effective geriatric medicine services to the community and region served
- To provide advice to the medical service leadership on geriatric management matters and professional standards of practice.
- To provide supervision and instruction for Resident Medical Officers rostered to the geriatric service.
- no on call duties but participation in acute medical on call can be negotiated
- have or be eligible for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a vocational scope of practice, with no restrictions to your APC.
- FRACP or equivalent specialist qualification
- excellent team working and communication skills
- an interest in service development
- salary NZ $190,000 - 270,000 pa
- pension contributions
- reimbursement of medical practice costs
- on-going professional support including continued medical education, professional development and peer review
- active participation in a growing service with opportunities to expand your skills in response to the challenges within the region
- a balanced lifestyle supported by glorious scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. House pricing is realistic; road congestion minimal, car parking is always available
- employer is an Approved Accredited Employer by New Zealand Immigration.
Interested? Apply Now!
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.