A General Surgery Registrar is sought for an RACS accredited training role in New Zealand for comencement in 2018. Based with a district health board in the North Island, this position offers a fantastic range of experience in general surgery and subspecilaities including colo- rectal surgery, surgical oncology, breast and endocrine surgery and upper GI surgery. The hospital where the role is based covers a poulation of 160,000 patients and is supported by three smaller regional hospitals.
In the Department of Surgery, there are seven surgeons providing a full range of elective and acute services to the region including the sub specialist areas listed above.There is a very high incidence of dermatological cancers and the performance of skin flap surgery is common. In addition to clinical work, there are opportunities for audit and research
In order to be considered for this role you will require the following:
- Medical Degree from WHO approved school
- Eligibility for general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- No malpractice claims
- Clean medical practice license from country of practice
- Fluent English communication.
- Previous experience in General Surgery