You will work in a multi-disciplinary healthcare team which provides integrated health care to a population of over 70,000 from a compact 50 bed hospital with 24/7 emergency department, medical, surgical, ophthalmology, orthopaedic, paediatric, obstetric and gynaecology and psychiatry secondary services supported by radiology, anaesthesia and pathology services and local family physicians.
Labrador offers an abundance of outdoor activities, spectacular scenery and wildlife and a very safe family environment
- responsible for surgical procedures
- inpatient and outpatient care
- on-call duties
- consultations with other physicians
- as required, travel within the region, which includes Labrador and the Northern Peninsula of Newfoundland.
- 75 hour working week
- Applicants must be eligible for full or provisional licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador and satisfy credentialing requirements for the employer.
- FRCSC or equivalent qualification recognised by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador. ( American Board of General Surgery, FRCS / CCT, FRACS, FCS (SA)) all accepted.
- Salary for this position ranges from $238,147 - $316,714 plus on-call payments, as per guidelines set by the Memorandum of Agreement between the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
If you are interested in this demanding yet rewarding position and feel that you have the skills required to work in a challenging environment, then please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
In accordance with Canadian Immigration regulations, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.