- district general hospitals, recently upgraded
- busy role with a great variety of clinical cases
- fully staffed Registrar roster including Advanced trainees
- teaching hospital for medical students
- Take professional care of and undertake delegated clinical responsibility for patients admitted under your care
- Participate in the on call roster; 1 in 7
- Conduct outpatient clinics and ward rounds, operating lists and other duties, using the allocated time efficiently and effectively
- Oversee Registrar activity to ensure patient care is delivered
in accordance with standards and policy
- See and advise promptly on patients referred for a specialist opinion
- have or be eligible for vocational (or locum tenens – special purpose) registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a General Surgery scope of practice.
- FRACS or equivalent specialist qualification
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Enjoy teaching – 4th, 5th and 6th year medical students
- Salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa basic
- competitive relocation package to support you and your family to make the move
- Visa sponsorship - employer is an Approved Accredited Employer by the New Zealand Immigration Service.
- CME allowance
If you are interested in this role, apply here with recent CV for immediate consideration.