A Consultant General Surgeon is sought for a senior role in a regional hospital in the city of Al Khobar in the eastern province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This hoospital in Al Khobar is the first fully integrated digital health project with Digital Hospital system in the region, with the capacity of 400 beds and 290 clinics . The hospital works on applying virtual healthcare system (Cyber Care) so as to provide diagnostic and therapeutic services for multiple categories of patients depending on the remote healthcare (VCare) via advanced digital and technological systems. Digital Hospital system enables patients to have an access to medical consultations at work or home around the clock via visual communication services. The patient and the doctor communicate together continuously on medical consultations and dosages. The hospital includes 100 beds for intensive care, 50 beds for emergencies, 16 birthing rooms, 2 equipped cardiac catheterization rooms, and 10 operation rooms.
Specialised services include obesity centre, dialysis centre, sports injuries, joint replacement unit, neurosurgery centre and women’s health club. The hospital is staffed by highly qualified and experienced physicians and medical staff who have acquired American Board Certification and Fellowships from Canada, UK and Ireland and other western countries. International specialists visit regularly to provide specialised treatment packages.
- Provide competent, timely and thorough assessment of persons presenting or referred for assessment and treatment of patients with general surgical disorders.
- Manage and treat patients presenting to the out patient clinics and in patients
- Perform investigative procedures and surgical procedures
- Contribute to service quality assurance by participating in clinical audits, case reviews and incident review processes
- Supervise specialists and resident medical officers
- Observe and promote safe work practices, rules and instructions relating to work, and be pro-active in hazard management
- Qualifications: American Board of General Surgery, FRCS / CCT , FRACS, FRCSC,Facharzt, DES or equivalent qualifications.
- Experience: minimum of three years post board certification or Fellowship
- Language: English essential, Arabic desirable
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general info please review our blog and news page.