A General Surgeon is sought for a small 50 bed hospital in rural Canada. The Hospital is a 50-bed facility that provides acute care, community health services and consultant medical services to residents of the local town and further afield.
The Hospital offers medical specialty services, including sub-specialties such as anaesthesia, dentistry, family practice, general surgery, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pathology and pediatrics. Supporting its acute care services are:
- Emergency/Outpatient department, major and minor operating rooms and an Intensive Care Unit
- Oncology/Chemotherapy Services and Day Surgery Services
- Satellite Dialysis
- Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging - including general radiology, ultrasound, CT and mammography services
- Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology
- Respiratory Therapy, EEG/ECG, Pediatric Rainbow Clinic, Pharmacy, Audiology
- Clinical Nutrition, Diabetes Education
- Social Work, Mental Health and Addictions and Psychology.
The General Surgeon will join a team of 3-4 General Surgeons who manage acute and chronic surgical conditions in hospital and out patient settings. Travel to remote places is sometimes required.
Remuneration: salary according to state scales or fee for service options available
- Board Certification or Specialist Registration in General Surgery from one of the following countries: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland
- Eligibility for License as a Specialist in Canada
- Residency permit helpful but not essential
If you meet the above criteria and would like to work in Canada, apply on line with a recent CV