Role: Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult General Psychiatry
Contract: 5 years, full time, permanent
- Public sector regional hospital in Western Australia with excellent modern facilities
- Clinical duties are combined with active teaching role
- Full time role with a contract up to 5 years duration
- Specialist registration in Psychiatry with Australian Medical Board (AHPRA) required
- FRANZCPsych or equivalent essential
- Experience in acute psychiatry essential
- Excellent working conditions
- Competitive salary package
The Role Details
An excellent opportunity to practice psychiatry in a brand-new health campus on a coastal city of the South West of Western Australia. The campus includes:
- an expanded emergency department (ED) with 15 treatment spaces
- expanded day ward and day surgery facilities including 84 beds with 64 overnight beds (with six high-care observation beds and four palliative beds), six renal dialysis places and 14 same-day beds
- two operating theatres
- two birthing suites
- a procedure room
- an expanded dental clinic, medical imaging, outpatient and pathology facilities
- Provides psychiatric care and general treatment in both inpatient and outpatient facilities
- Provides supervision for community care including community treatment orders.
- Acts for the Clinical Director in his/her absence, as required.
- Participates in an on-call roster.
- Supervises trainee psychiatrists and medical officers and participates in the teaching of other health professionals.
- Travels within the region as required.
- Liaises and confers regularly with general practitioners, other health care professionals and agencies on clinical matters and treatment programs.
- Attends to statutory requirements under the Mental Health Act 2014 concerning the assessment, admission, detention and discharge of patients.
Requirements for success:
- eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia AHPRA)
- Fellowship with The Australian and New Zealand College Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or RANZCP recognised equivalent specialist qualifications/recognition.
- Significant clinical experience managing high acuity patients in an acute mental health setting
- The ability to understand service strategic and operational requirements, and implement sustainable change to improve patient safety and reduce access blocks or delays in access to care.
- Highly developed effective communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to represent the organisation externally.
Salary: MP Year 1-9 $355,763 - $452,953 p.a (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
The South West region is located in the south-west corner of the state, facing the Indian and Southern Oceans. It shares its eastern boundary with Wheatbelt and Great Southern regions. It covers an area of 23,998 sq. km, has 12 local government areas and a diverse geographic profile ranging from rugged coastline and beaches to agricultural landscapes. The economy is based around tourism, mining and construction, retail and agriculture.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.