Bay of Plenty
26 days ago
Come and join a strong, positive rural medical team proving primary medical care and developing telemedical services to enhance the health of the rural and Maori populations in a beautiful part of New Zealand. Added to this exciting clinical experience are the added advantages of living on the coast by native bush, clean rivers and streams and awesome outdoor living opportunities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic GP to provide cover for a team of Rural Doctors on a permanent basis working 80% of the usual working week of 40 hours. This position is based out of a very well-appointed base clinic in Te Kaha as well as at outreach clinics and you will be a member of a versatile medical team supported by visiting clinicians, and health services, with the support of regional secondary care hospitals.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Provide skilled health assessment, diagnosis and treatment services, regular GP services
- Specialist referral as appropriate
- Assist with the development and utilisation of Telehealth capabilities to further improve patient access to medical support.
- Salaried position, rate dependent upon experience
- Accommodation included
- use of a vehicle when rostered on duty.
- Fellowship / Membership of College of General Practitioners, Family Medicine Board accepted by Medical Council of New Zealand for practice certificate
- Telemedicine experience desirable
- Sound analytic / problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work constructively in a team
Living in the sunniest place in New Zealand, the Eastern Bay of Plenty, offers an exceptional lifestyle in a place of stunning natural beauty with NZ’s recently voted favourite beach, endless other coastlines to ancient forests and is blessed with breath-taking landscapes and rich Māori culture.
Close by, Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and countryside in close proximity. The Coromandel, East Cape and Auckland are all an easy drive away, as are the ski fields of the Central Plateau and Lake Taupō. There is outstanding access to outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is the University of Waikato Campus. Lifestyle options are diverse, and you can live 20 minutes from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or at the beachside town of Mount Maunganui and Papamoa.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a CV detailing employment history and relevant skills. Also include your current medical licence status.