The employer is a health trust founded 24 years ago to deliver a comprehensive range of health services including mobile nursing, residential and community health services, and through the recognition of the underlying social determinants of health, it has expanded to encompass social, disability, education and media services.
What you will do:
You will be a valued member of the Health Trust medical services team that offers:
- A General Practice that is part of a wider organisation that brings all the other services GP patients require to the GP (Whangarei and the Mid-North areas)
- A different model of practice that brings the clinical and Whanau Ora worlds together
- Progressing the development of an Integrated Family Healthcare Centre at the Bay of Islands Hospital which is currently being built (new facilities) and will also provide:
- Rural teaching opportunities
- Rongoa Maori opportunities
- Hospital care setting and after hours opportunities
- Lifestyle living within close proximity to Paihia, Waitangi, Kerikeri and Whangarei
- Combined enrolled population 7,500 and 8,000 patients
- Highly competitive market rates and well-structured training and development offering
- Relocation assistance including sourcing and subsidising local accommodation if required
- The chance to develop your skills whilst adding value to the success of our service in the community
- An opportunity to learn Te Reo and Tikanga Maori .
What you will need:
- A current NZ Medical Council registration, or be eligible for NZ Medical Council registration.
- Hold GP qualification to GPEP3 as a minimum
- Be registered to work as a GP in New Zealand
- IELTS Academic mean score 7.5 for non native English speakers (some exemptions possible)
- attractive remuneration with pension benefits
- 6 weeks annual leave
- reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- relocation expenses
- If this role is of interest to you, forward your CV for immediate consideration or contact us for further details.