Role: Consultant Physician - Internist
Salary: $355,763 to $452,953 pa
Location: Albany Western Australia
About the Role:
Consultant physician specialised in acute internal medicine providing in patient care, on call cover, outpatient clinical services and telehealth from a general hospital with 100 beds in a small coastal city.
A leadership role ensuring high quality continuously improving general medical care, education and training for junior physicians.
Full time contract up to 5 years duration, may possibly be extended.
- Provide inpatient care for patients, undertake outpatient and Telehealth clinics and maintain established outreach medical clinics as required.
- Ensure patient medical records are maintained in accordance with established protocols. Ensure that a discharge summary for all inpatients is prepared at discharge. For outpatients, ensure that a letter of communication is sent to the referring or usual GP within 7 days.
- Liaise with clinicians in other hospitals and those in the private sector to ensure optimum patient care.
- Contribute to reviews of deaths occurring in hospital patients.
- Participate in an on-call roster as required
- Participate in undergraduate and postgraduate medical teaching and supervision.
- Participate in annual performance appraisals.
- Completes Mandatory Training as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of contemporary medical treatments and standards including ethical standards applied to medical practice by means of background reading and attendance at relevant meetings and workshops.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or equivalent qualification (American Board of Internal Medicine, FRCPC, FRCP / CCT/ FCP SA are accepted).
- Experience in hospital general medicine / internal medicine
- Experience in change management and continuous quality improvement
- High level of communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated clinical leadership including a strong positive, collaborative culture
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
- Experience or qualifications in sub-specialty or procedural fields
- Experience in regional/rural medicine
Albany is a beautiful city located on the South Coast of Western Australia with
Albany is Western Australia’s premier regional city. Perched on the state’s southern tip, it is a city of beauty and opportunity. Historic and progressive, rural and dynamic, a tourist draw and a homemaker’s dream. Albany is a thriving regional centre with a distinct sense of place.
Albany has a choice of schools, great restaurants, clothing boutiques, a state-of-the-art Entertainment Centre and some of Australia’s best beaches close by.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @odysseymedic
Search Internist Jobs
Register for internist jobs and get access to jobs worldwide, track applications and sign up for job alerts.
You can also follow us on twitter @odysseymedic for latest medical and OB/GYN jobs