Role: Consultant General and Infectious Diseases Physician
Scope of practice: acute general medicine, infectious diseases
Contract: permanent or fixed term
Hours: Full time (1.0 FTE)
On Call Duties: 1 in 10
This is a full time role for a General Physician with subspecialty interests in Infectious Diseases (ID) or other speciality.
As a General Physician Consultant, you will have an exceptional job in a pretty exceptional city.
Everyone knows that Wellington is all about the three Cs – capital, culture and coffee, but not many people are aware that there’s an amazing city within this famous little capital. With great sports facilities, arts and culture, popular shopping and fast public transport to Wellington’s CBD, around 100,000 people are delighted to call Lower Hutt City home.
A busy 260-bed facility providing secondary services for Lower and Upper Hutt cities and the tertiary centre for regional plastics, oral maxillofacial, burns and rheumatology services.
Hutt Valley is part of Wellington, Capital of New Zealand. The region offers great restaurants, a vibrant cultural scene and coffee culture as well as ample opportunity for outdoor pursuits. Sailing, water sports, cycle trails and walking trails among wooded hillsides with fantastic views abound in the “Coolest Little in Capital the World (Lonely Planet)”.
- A supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development.
- Comprehensive orientation programme
- Training and study opportunities
- Outstanding peer support.
- You will need to have a strong commitment to comprehensive care encompassed within General Medicine including ward rounds, outpatient clinics and acute call.
- Ensure provision of a high standard of medical care to patients in an inpatient, outpatient, virtual and community setting
- Participate in acute on call rotational specialist roster for inpatient care
- Teach postgraduate students as required.
- Supervise/teach junior medical and nursing staff.
- Be immediately available for advice and urgent acute problems to junior medical staff when on call and during normal business hours.
- Attend handover meetings post-acute and prior to weekends on-call.
- Lead and support registrars in acute patient care and designated ambulatory clinics
- You will be eligible for Vocational Scope (Internal Medicine) Registration with the New Zealand Medical Council.
- FRACP or equivalent
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Names and contact details of 3 referees are also required.