3 days ago
Are you a family physician or GP looking for a new opportunity in Canada? This role in Newfoundand, Atlantic Canada may be ideal. Based in a hospital primary care clinic, it offers a gentle introduction to the Canadian healthcare system practising from an established clinic with colleagues and support team. There is a guranteed salary with retirement benfits, retention bonus, relocation package for international physicians and accelerated immigration programme.
- hospital based primary care centre with full specialist, radiology and laboaratory facilites on site
- salaried post with fee for service options available
- competitive salary with relocation costs paid
- fast route to Permanent Residency (PR) Status
- Must have completed a residency in family medicine / general practice
- Eligibility for license to practice as a family physician essential with the College of Physicans and Surgeons of Newfoundland
The Primary Care Center
The regional health service operates 22 facilities which include 3 hospitals, e health centres, 14 community clinics and 2 long term care facilities. This role is hospital based in a 50 bed facility which provides services in general surgery, general medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, radiology (including CT, mammography and ultrasound) psychiatry, ophthalmology, intensive care and orthopaedics with full laboratory services and emergency department. Hospitals and clinics are publicaly funded.
Your responsiilities include:
- Provide primary care services to local community and referrals to specialists as appropriate.
- On call service 1 in 4
- Maintain postgraduate education CME portfolio in accordance with the regulations of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland
- Participate in quality assurance programmes
- Attendance at hospital ward rounds is encouraged
- Enhanced skills such as surgery and obstetrics can be accommodated
Imigration: The Atlantic provinces of Canada are included in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project for highly skilled immigrants offering a fast route to permanent residency status in Canada.
Remuneration: The salary is C$159,922 - 189,243 as per the guidelines set by the Memorandum of Agreement between the Medical Association and the local Government.
- Medical degree from WHO approved school
- Residency in family medicine
- Canadian Certification of Family Physician or equivalent (MRCGP, American Board of Family Medicine, FRACGP all accepted)
- Eligible for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland as family physician
- Experience in rural and remote medicine would be an advantage
- Fluent English language comunication (IELTS mean score 7.5 for non native speakers)
Situated on the eastern seaboard of Canada, around 3 hours flight north of New York, Newfoundland is an area of considerable natural beauty and a paradise for lovers of outdoor sports and wildlife. It has excellent waters and harbours for sailing, kayaking and fishing and countryside for walking, hiking and, in winter, ski-ing is popular.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MOVING TO CANADA