Are you a family physician or GP looking for a new opportunity in Canada? This role in Newfoundland, Atlantic Canada may be ideal.
Based in a hospital primary care clinic, it offers a gentle introduction to the Canadian healthcare system practising from an established clinic with colleagues and support team. There is a guaranteed salary with retirement benefits, retention bonus, relocation package for international physicians and accelerated immigration programme.
The regional health service operates 22 facilities which include 3 hospitals, health centres, 14 community clinics and 2 long term care facilities.
This role is hospital based in a 50 bed facility which provides services in general surgery, general medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, radiology (including CT, mammography and ultrasound) psychiatry, ophthalmology, intensive care and orthopaedics with full laboratory services and emergency department. Hospitals and clinics are publicly funded.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide primary care services to local community and referrals to specialists as appropriate.
- On call service 1 in 4
- Maintain postgraduate education CME portfolio in accordance with the regulations of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland
- Participate in quality assurance programmes
- Attendance at hospital ward rounds is encouraged
- Enhanced skills such as surgery and obstetrics can be accommodated
The Atlantic provinces of Canada are included in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project for highly skilled immigrants offering a fast route to permanent residency status in Canada.
- Medical degree from WHO approved school
- Residency in family medicine
- Canadian Certification of Family Physician or equivalent (MRCGP, American Board of Family Medicine, FRACGP all accepted)
- Eligible for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland as family physician
- Experience in rural and remote medicine would be an advantage
- Fluent English language comunication (IELTS mean score 7.5 for non native speakers)
- MCCQE 1 / LMCC
- The salary is C$159,922 - 189,243 as per the guidelines set by the Memorandum of Agreement between the Medical Association and the local Government.
- Annual retention bonus
- Pension benefits
- relocation costs