Role: Consultant Emergency Physician for Emergency Telehealth Service (ETS).
Salary: - $479,701 - $570,532 p.a
Location: Perth, Western Australia (or other sites as agreed)
About the Role:
Provision of a comprehensive clinical service in Emergency Medicine to patients via telemedicine. Promotion of quality health outcomes for emergency patients. Demonstration of leadership, role modelling and team work, practicing multidisciplinary patient care and contributing to teaching, supervision and clinical quality improvement projects of the service.
Full time contract up to 5 years duration, may possibly be extended.
Service provision will need to be flexible and will vary dependent upon needs as determined appropriate for a 24- hour emergency service.
Full participation in the 24-hour, 7 day a week Emergency Medicine Consultant ETS roster including night duty, weekends and on call as rostered.
- Provide clinical emergency medicine services via Emergency Telehealth Service (ETS). The clinical service is delivered remotely to patients by telephone and / or video conference.
- Direct clinical management of patients in consultation with regional medical practitioners and nursing staff.
- Supervision, management and patient flow co-ordination of patients with urgent and life-threatening conditions from all age groups, including multiple trauma.
- Maintain quality patient medical records according to health service protocols ensuring that documentation and record keeping is accurate, accountable and in accordance with legislative and organisational requirements.
- Liaise with members of the regional health care team; local nurses and General Practitioners (GPs), metropolitan health services and the private sector to meet the needs of patients under their care.
- Other clinical duties include providing short stay / observation ward emergency medicine oversight where appropriate.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine or equivalent.
- Demonstrated substantial and ongoing post graduate experience in the delivery of Telehealth Services in a hospital environment
- Demonstrated extensive experience in Emergency Medicine.
- Demonstrable high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to clinical teaching.
- Demonstrated experience in quality improvement
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the Aboriginal Cultural Respect Framework.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health and how these impact on employment and service delivery
- Substantial knowledge, experience and understanding of delivering care in the rural medical environment.
- Experience in emergency medicine research including study design, implementation, evaluation, presentation and publication.
- Demonstrated participation and skills in medical education at all levels and to multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience and abilities to foster strong relationships between general practice and emergency medicine.
- Experience with ICT systems and supporting software applications
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @odysseymedic