An enthusiastic team player is sought for an endocrinologist, diabetologist, internist role in the beautiful Bay of Plenty, New Zealand. This post, which will suit an experienced or newly qualified specialist physician, is a full time, permanent role dedicated to the improvement and development of endocrine and diabetic services to the Maori community. You will join a team of physicians, nurses and allied health professionals committed to Te Toi Ahorangi, an unique health care strategy developed by the Bay of Plenty District Health Board, to deliver equitable health services and outcomes among the Maori peoples.
The scope of practice is split 50/50 between Endocrinology – Diabetology and Acute Medicine and as well as excellent clinical skills, you will need to demonstrate proficiency in these key areas:
- Innovation of services and an enthusiasm for solving problems in creative ways
- Dedication to the provision of service quality
- Team working to effectively achieve defined goals
- Understanding of cultural diversity and sensitive cultural issues
- Ability to provide integrated care within several disciplines
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Commitment to education and inspiration of junior medical staff, medical students and other health professionals studying at the University of Auckland and the Bay of Plenty Clinical School
- Interest in clinical research
Clinical Skills and Qualifications
- FRACP or equivalent specialist certification in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology accepted by the Medical Council of New Zealand for vocational registration
- Diagnosis, assessment and formulation of treatment plans for patients with diabetes and other endocrine disorders
Employer - Hospital
The main hospital is a level 5 hospital with acute services including general medicine and medical sub-specialties, Cardiology, Intensive Care, Paediatrics, O&G, Mental Health, Orthopaedics, General and Vascular Surgery, Urology, ENT and Ophthalmology. Waikato Hospital is the adult tertiary referral service, Starship for Paediatric tertiary services. It has a clinical school affiliated with the University of Auckland and is accredited for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and countryside in close proximity. The Coromandel, East Cape and Auckland are all an easy drive away, as are the ski fields of the Central Plateau and Lake Taupō. There is outstanding access to outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is the University of Waikato Campus. Lifestyle options are diverse, and you can live 20 minutes from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or at the beachside town of Mount Maunganui and Papamoa.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV.