The department is a mixed adult/paediatric urban district ED seeing 47,000 patients per year with an admission rate of 24 – 25% and supported by a 16 bed Assessment and Planning Unit, as well as excellent medical and surgical teams. The department is part of the emergency medicine sub-regional training program with Wellington Regional Hospital, has 18 junior staff and is accredited for 12 months registrar training. Staffing has recently increased for both senior and junior medical staff, clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurses and administration.
The hospital is also the regional centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery.
- Provision of emergency medical services
- Supervision and education of junior doctors
- Participation in audits and service quality initiatives
- Vocationally registered in Emergency Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FACEM or equivalent qualification and be able to register for vocational registration or Locum Tenens registration with the MCNZ
- If apply from overseas, you must meet the New Zealand Immigration Service requirements
- Relevant experience and training
Benefits for Employee
- Flexible work/life balance in a friendly and relaxed metropolitan location
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Generous and flexible annual leave entitlements
- Indemnity Insurance provided
- Relocation assistance
if you're interested in this role please to get in touch or apply with your CV and please note that three professional references will be required.