Two Emergency Medicine Specialists are eagerly sought for permanent roles in a district general hospital in New Zealand's North Island.
- based in a 110 bed hospital which serves a population base of 50,000
- affiliated with a larger regional hospital 90 minutes drive away
- the department sees around 24,000 attendances per year and comprises 17 bed spaces including 2 resus bays.
- The patient mix is varied, with a high proportion of Māori and a relatively young demographic.
- As well as enjoying a collaborative and supportive working environment, you will benefit from the support of an enthusiastic and progressive team whose focus on training and continuous quality improvement will afford you ample opportunity to both contribute to the service provision and develop professionally.
- Demonstrate comprehensive and adaptive resuscitation and acute care skills required for the range of patient presentations of all complexities in the emergency department setting
- Recognise and expedite any specific intervention critical to resuscitation and acute care
- Demonstrate a sound understanding and ability to work across contemporary models of emergency care
- Identify and prepare critically unwell patients requiring retrieval or transfer to a tertiary service
- Medical Degree
- FACEM qualification( or equivalent qualification from UK/USA/Canada)
- MCNZ vocational registration
- Salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa
- Pension benefits
- 6 weeks annual leave
- CME programmes
- Medical practice costs reimbursed
If this role is of interest please apply with CV or get in touch.