The employer is one of the largest regional health boards in the world providing publicly funded health care to a population of over 500,000 people including 45,000 Aboriginal people spread over a large area.
The role is based in a general hospital which is part of a health campus providing comprehensive medical services including:
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital services
- 24 hour Emergency Department (supported by Emergency Telehealth Services)
- Maternity and newborn services
- Surgical services
- Renal medicine
- Medical specialist services
- Medical imaging
- High dependency/intensive care
- Palliative care services
- Comprehensive cancer care
- Community health
- Allied health
- Public health
- Aged and community care
- Mental health
- Community alcohol and drug services
- Visiting specialist services
number of high acuity and trauma presentations as well as receiving interhospital transfers from throughout the region.
- responsible for the delivery of direct patient care
- coordination of patient transfers and retrievals
- promoting the provision of high quality care and patient safety within the ED
- supervising a small number of junior doctors
- Participate in continued medical education activities
- Undertake audits for the clinical governance program Facilitates Root Cause Analyses for Sentinel events.
Requirements for the role
- Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia
- Substantial postgraduate medical experience in general medical, emergency medicine and hospital practice.
- Commitment to continuing education.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively and to lead in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the effective management of clinical risk and improving quality.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
- MP Year 1 – 3 - $326,578 - $347,538, p.a. including pension contributions
- study leave/assistance, flexible leave arrangements.
- active SMO education program and can support candidates undertaking the ACEM Emergency Medicine Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs
To apply for this role, please submit your CV with three professional referee details.