An Emergency Medicine Registrar is sought for a role in a general hospital in Western Australia for a term of 6, 12 or 24 months starting 2019. The role is a non training service position suitable for a physician aiming to gain further experience in Emergency Medicine whilst working under the supervision of Consultants and Senior Medical Officers.
Responsible for the clinical care of patients under the supervision of senior medical staff including:
- a) attending to patient in order of medical urgency
- b) taking history of full medical examinations of new admissions and arranging appropriate investigations and assisting with medical procedures as required.
- c) managing medical conditions according to acceptable clinical standards under supervision of consultants.
- d) collaborating with other Medical, Nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members to facilitate patient management.
- e) communicating with family, outside medical practitioners, and/or community services concerning patient management
Document clinical notes throughout each episode of patient care and at the time of discharge to meet medical record standards.
Manages patients and documents with regard to risk management principles.
Participate in after hours and weekend rosters.
Provide clinical supervision and teaching to medical colleagues.
Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Other professional and location based allowances
- Eligible for General Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Eligibliity to work in Australia desirable
- Previous experience in Emergency Medicine
- Minimum 2-3 years experience post Internship
- Fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 for non native speakers)