Role: Consultant Emergency Medicine Physician
Hours: Full time (1.0 FTE)
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a state-of-the art department supported by a highly effective emergency department team.
It is a mixed adult/paediatric urban district ED seeing 47,000 patients per year with an admission rate of 24 – 25% and is supported by a 16 bed Medical Planning & Assessment Unit, as well as excellent medical and surgical teams. The hospital is also the regional centre for Burns and Plastics.
The department is part of the emergency medicine sub-regional training program with Wellington Regional Hospital, has 16 junior staff and is accredited for 6-months registrar training.
Staffing has recently increased for both senior and junior medical staff, nursing and administration.
The department is committed to clinical excellence in all disciplines; and Senior Medical Staff are encouraged to take part in clinical audits and peer-reviews to ensure quality clinical care is provided.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ideally you will be an experienced ED consultant and FACEM qualified, or hold recognised equivalent (e.g. FRCEM OR ABEM).
- To apply for this position you must hold or be eligible to apply for a vocational scope of practice in Emergency Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand and be legally entitled to live and work in NZ.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Flexible work/life balance in a friendly and relaxed metropolitan location
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Generous and flexible annual leave entitlements
- Indemnity Insurance provided
- An attractive relocation package
- Relocation assistance
Hutt Valley is part of Wellington, Capital of New Zealand. The region offers great restaurants, a vibrant cultural scene and coffee culture as well as ample opportunity for outdoor pursuits. Sailing, water sports, cycle trails and walking trails among wooded hillsides with fantastic views abound in the “Coolest Little Capital in the World (Lonely Planet)”.
If you are interested in this role, please forward CV for immediate consideration.