Our client is an international healthcare company with expertise in the management of hospitals and is seeking experienced Emergency Medicine physicians for a project in the United Arab Emirates involving the development of Emergency Medicine services and preparation for international accreditation. The role is based in the Emergency Department of a general public hospital with full medical, surgical, paediatric, laboratory and radiology services and a busy Emergency Department managing trauma, acute medical and surgical emergencies and walk in patients (paediatric and adult). Working under the Director of Emergency Medicine, the consultants are responsible for the implementation of policies and quality of medical services.
The company offers a competitive remuneration package, tax free at source, including a salary of AED 61K per month, excellent accommodation, car, healthcare insurance, flights and malpractice cover with 30 days paid annual leave.
- Medical Doctor degree from WHO approved school
- Post-Graduate qualification in Emergency Medicine recognised as Tier 1 in the PQR of the United Arab Emirates medical licensing organisations
- Active Registration to practice Medicine within specialty from country of origin or country of last practice
- Current ACLS certification.
- Will be required to obtain ATLS certification within a given time period
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in an active treatment hospital within emergency medicine
- Ability to handle and lead the clinical management of complex and critical patients
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Arabic considered as a plus
- Able to develop good interpersonal relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible to needs of the service
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple events in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a dynamic and high stress environment;
- High degree of diplomacy, tact and confidentiality in role
- Ability to handle a wide variety of responsibility and deal with individuals at all levels
- Strong customer service orientation
The role is based in the Emirate of Sharjah, adjacent to Dubai and the third largest city in the Emirates with a population of over 800,000. Contributing almost 10% of the UAE GDP, the city is well known for its industry and culture, hosting many museums showcasing art, science and history.