A Consultant in Emergency Medicine is sought for a full time, permanent role in Western Australia.
In this role you will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive clinical service in Emergency Medicine to patients of WA Country Health Service and the leadership of the multi-disciplinary team within the Emergency Department.
The hospital has undergone recent extensve refurbishment creating splendid modern treatment facilities including newly upgraded Emergency Department with 16 treatment bays, medical imaging department, cancer centre, palliative care unit and high dependency unit.
- clinical management of emergency medicine patients using evidence based practice
- lead, supervise, co-ordinate and manage care of patients with life threatening conditions including multiple trauma
- on call duties as required
- telephone and video- conference consultations and advice
- ongoing application of continuous quality improvement principles in systematically evaluating and meeting patient needs.
- compliance with relevant standards, legislation and regulatory requirements
- service development including Medical Emergency Team
- Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist in Emergency Medicine
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Emergency Medicine or equivalent
- Possess substantial postgraduate medical experience in emergency medicine and hospital practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
- Demonstrated high level of communication, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively and to lead in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the effective management of clinical risk and improving quality.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
- A current WA C or C-A class driving license
- Experience in remote or rural medicine and retrieval is desirable
Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary, employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Other professional and location based allowances