An exciting opportunity is available for a Consultant in Emergency Medicine to lead a multidisciplinary team providing comprehensive emergency services in a regional secondary care hospital in one of Western Australia’s most scenic and popular tourist cities. A public hospital, it offers an opportunity to develop clinical, educational, management and leadership skills.
You will be responsible for patient service quality and safety within the emergency department and will provide leadership, management, training, supervision and education for Senior Medical Practitioners in collaboration with the Director of Emergency Medicine and the Medical Administrator.
What you need:
- eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine or equivalent.
- substantial postgraduate medical experience in general medicine, general practice and/or emergency medicine.
- demonstrated experience in rural area medicine, health IT design, reform and/or implementation with a commitment to the effective management of clinical risk and improving quality.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- experience or qualifications in other specialist or procedural fields, substantial experience in emergency medicine research including study design, implementation, evaluation, presentation and publication.
- demonstrated participation and skills in medical education at all levels and across multiple disciplines, in particular FACEM Part 1 and 2 is desirable.
Salary: $354,487-451,677 pa (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
Located just 200km south of state capital Perth, and twice voted Western Australia's Top Tourism Town, and just a short hop from the Margaret River wine region, Busselton gives you plenty of reasons to take the 2-hour-and-40-minute drive or 50-minute flight south from Perth.
One of Western Australia's first settlements, Busselton sits on the Indian Ocean and is blessed with tranquil waters, white sands, lush lawns and shady pine trees of the main swimming beach. Here, and along a 30-kilometre coastline of immaculate beaches, you can try your hand at fishing, water skiing, snorkelling, scuba diving, windsurfing, kayaking or sailing in the calm waters of Geographe Bay
Its iconic, heritage-listed jetty was originally built in 1865, and a ticket to ride with the Busselton Jetty Experience takes you all the way to the end to get a glimpse of the colourful fish and tropical corals that have made it their home, thanks to the warm waters of the Leeuwin current.
If you are interested in this role please apply or get in touch.
Visit our news page and check out the latest articles and features about Australia.
Related articles to this role: