Role: Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon with paediatric ENT Skills
Start Date: August 2021
Contract: Fixed Term One Year Contract
Working Hours: Full time
Location: Based in Tauranga with weekly sessions at Whakatane
You will join a team providing ENT services to a population of 230,000 of all ages but you should ideally have paediatric skills. The team is based in the general 250 bed secondary care hospital in Tauranga and you will provide weekly clinical services in Whakatane, just over one hour’s drive away in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
- Provision of outpatient services in assessment, diagnosis and follow-up of patients referred by Consultant Specialists and General Practitioners
- Provision of acute assessment and treatment for patients requiring ENT Specialist Services. Maintenance of an accurate, legible and current medical record.
- Monitor, advise and supervise MOSS and Resident Medical Officers where applicable including; - timekeeping, professional conduct - the expectations of the facility on timely discharge summaries - fulfilment of all reporting requirements - completion of all facility requirements for their role
- Participate in supervision and teaching of Junior Medical staff and teaching programmes for other health professionals.
- Provide and participate in educational and service audit activities required of Senior Medical Staff. Provide appropriate timely advice on clinical matters and professional standards of practice to the HOD ENT and /or the Medical Leader, Anaesthesia & Surgical Services as requested.
- Participate in Surgical and Anaesthesia Services planning and service development activity, the organisation’s policy development, planning, and contracting and evaluation activities required of Senior Medical Staff.
- hold or be eligible for vocational registration in Otolaryngology with the Medical Council of New Zealand (we can assist you with this)
- FRACS or an equivalent qualification (FRCSC, FRCS/ CCT, American Board of Otolaryngology all accepted)
- Clean drivers’ licence
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration.