Role: Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon
Contract: Full time, or part time, permanent
A rare, flexible opportunity for an Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon is available in New Plymouth New Zealand. You can work full time, part time and negotiate your hours. The position can be combined with private practice (and there is great local scope for this).
The Otolaryngology department is expanding department providing ORL care to the surrounding community of 125,000 people and you will undertake clinical work and will be expected to participate and contribute to the department’s CME activities, including basic & advanced trainee registrar teaching, audit and medical student teaching.
As part of the ORL service you will be expected to:
- Provide consultant services to people requiring specialist care.
- Interact daily with other departments.
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service.
- Have the ability to work in a range of settings i.e. Inpatient, outpatient and community settings inclusive of crisis work.
- Cover for colleagues in their absence.
You will be known by your peers as someone who:
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams to provide person centred care.
- Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds.
- Engages with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services.
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace.
- Medical degree and postgraduate board certification or Fellowship recognised by the Medical Council of New Zealand for vocational registration in Otolarynology.
- You should have comprehensive training in General Otolaryngology. Newly qualified surgeons will be considered.
The health board serves a population of 120,500 people. It is big enough to offer you variety of specialisation, career pathways, training and education opportunities, but small enough for individuals to make a difference - both to people and to services - and to make friends, feel at home and belong.
In New Plymouth, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region's amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Named after the city of Plymouth in England, the city was founded by settlers from England in the 19th century and has been awarded multiple times for its natural beauty and lifestyle. Situated on the coast in the south western corner of the North Island, the city has a famous long coastal walkway whilst Mount Taranaki provides a stunning backdrop. Famed for its rich volcanic soil, lush botanical gardens and fabulous arts and events scene, New Plymouth is home to the renowned Pakekura Park
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.