Contract: permanent, hours negotiable
This is a consultant role with opportunities to develop a private practice in the community and negotiate your working hours which may be full time or part time. You will participate in the on call rota.
You will be expected to participate and contribute to the department’s CME activities, including basic and advanced trainee registrar teaching, audit and medical student teaching.
As part of the ORL service you will be expected to:
- Provide consultant services to people requiring specialist care.
- Interact daily with other departments.
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service.
- Have the ability to work in a range of settings i.e. Inpatient, outpatient and community settings inclusive of crisis work.
- Cover for colleagues in their absence
You will be known by your peers as someone who:
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams to provide person centred care.
- Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds.
- Engages with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services.
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace
- comprehensive training in General Otolaryngology
- FRACS with vocational registration or equivalent qualifications.
The role is based in a progressive regional secondary referral centre for the province of Taranaki with a range of medical specialties, an Intensivists-managed ICU, an HDU and a well-equipped Radiology Department. In 2013 a new inpatient Clinical Service Block was opened with 6 Wards and a Theatre Block comprising 6 Theatres. Stage 2 of this project has commenced with delivery of additional new facilities in 2023.
In New Plymouth, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region's amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Named after the city of Plymouth in England, the city was founded by settlers from England in the 19th century and has been awarded multiple times for its natural beauty and lifestyle. Situated on the coast in the south western corner of the North Island, the city has a famous long coastal walkway whilst Mount Taranaki provides a stunning backdrop. Famed for its rich volcanic soil, lush botanical gardens and fabulous arts and events scene, New Plymouth is home to the renowned Pakekura Park
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration. pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.