We are looking for a Consultant Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon with an interest in paediatric ENT Surgery for a great opportunity to work in a permanent, full time role in a beautiful part of New Zealand’s North Island. You will be based in a secondary level general hospital and travel one day per week to another smaller regional hospital for out patient services. A driving licence is therfore essential. Just 90 minutes drive from Auckland, the region offers stunning scenery, outdoor activities including sailing and fishing and a modest cost of living with all the amenities of a major world city close by. The employer is public sector and the role full time with remuneration determined by the national pay scale and relocation expenses covered where appropriate.
The 349 bed hospital is a secondary hospital providing general medical and surgical services to the regional population which is 25% ethnically Maori. Level 4-5 services include medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics, gynaecology, and psychiatry. The hospital serves one of the fastest growing populations in New Zealand and has been redeveloped to allow expansion of services over the last few years with the addition of a new wing, operating theatres, out patient clinics and maternity unit.
This role is permanent and full time with an on call commitment.
- Provision of outpatient services in assessment, diagnosis and follow-up of patientsreferred by Consultant Specialists and General Practitioners and in line with theMinistry of Health’s Planned Care (Elective Services) and Faster Cancer treatment time frame requirements and specifications.
- Provision of elective surgical treatment, reflective of current evidence in a costeffective manner
- Maintenance of an accurate, legible and current medical record.
- Monitor, advise and supervise MOSS and Resident Medical Officers where applicable.
- Participate in supervision and teaching of Junior Medical staff and teaching programmes for other health professionals.
- Provide and participate in educational and service audit activities required of Senior Medical Staff.
- Provide appropriate timely advice on clinical matters and professional standards ofpractice to the HOD ENT and /or the Medical Leader, Anaesthesia & Surgical Services
- Participate in Surgical and Anaesthesia Services planning and service development activity, the organisation’s policy development, planning, and contracting and evaluation activities required of Senior Medical Staff as requested.
- Vocational Registration or eligibility for vocational registration in ENT Surgery with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRACS or board certification / specialist qualification in ENT Surgery.
Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and countryside in close proximity. The Coromandel, East Cape and Auckland are all an easy drive away, as are the ski fields of the Central Plateau and Lake Taupō. There is outstanding access to outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is the University of Waikato Campus. Lifestyle options are diverse, and you can live 20 minutes from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or at the beachside town of Mount Maunganui and Papamoa.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages or contact us. Further roles can be found by searching here