Role: Director of Clinical Services - Psychiatry
Salary: $354,487 - $451,677 p.a
Location: Goldfields Western Australia but flexible working arrangements are available including opportunities for fly-in, fly-out and telehealth service delivery, combined with regular regional presence
About the Role:
One of seven Clinical Director positions for the state mental health services across rural WA, all of which are members of the Mental Health Executive Advisory Group, which advises the state Executive Director of Mental Health and state Directors of Psychiatry on corporate and clinical governance, safety and quality and the strategic direction of Mental Health across rural and remote WA.
Responsible for leading the Mental Health Service’s clinical service and governance in partnership with the Regional Manager of Mental Health.
Serve as a key member of the regional Mental Health Leadership Team and the Regional Safety and Quality Committee.
Provide clinical services, as part of a multidisciplinary team providing inpatient and community mental health services, including telephone or videoconference consultations, across the Goldfields region.
Full time contract up to 5 years duration, may possibly be extended.
- In partnership with the Regional Manager Mental Health, the Regional Director Medical Services has primary responsibility for clinical governance and leadership and is responsible for ensuring that all clinical practice in Mental Health in the region is in accordance with the National Mental Health Standards and the WA Mental Health Act 2014 and all associated legislative, regulatory and policy frameworks.
- Provide line management for medical staff.
- Undertake comprehensive psychiatric assessment, diagnosis and treatment that ensure best practice clinical interventions are provided by the service to clients and their relatives and carers.
- Provide a broad range of therapeutic interventions in response to the range of clinical presentations.
- Develop formal links with primary care providers, particularly general practitioners, to promote continuity of treatment, shared care management and provide ongoing education about psychiatric disorders and the provision of professional support.
- Liaise and consult with specialist consultants, inpatient colleagues and relevant external agencies about patient management.
- Ensure that a comprehensive visiting psychiatric service is provided throughout the region, including consultation-liaison services to hospitals within the region.
- Supervise Registrars in training and other medical officers as per RANZCP standards.
- Participate in Continuing Professional Development.
- Provide clinical supervision to staff as part of performance development programs as required.
- Promote and participate in the education and continued professional development of staff in the mental health service and related areas.
- Participate in performance management.
- Travel within the region as required.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA),
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (or equivalent – American Board of Psychiatry, FRCPC, FRCPsych / CCT,).
- Highly developed clinical skills and experience working with people with Mental Health problems and co-morbidities in a variety of settings
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the provision of transcultural mental health services including work with indigenous people
- Experience working in a rural or remote environment.
- Broad understanding of all specialty areas of mental health service delivery.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder is Australia’s largest outback city, and the heart of Western Australia’s Goldfields region - Australia’s gold capital. With a population of more than 30,000, the city is a dynamic and sophisticated regional centre. The area offers astounding diversity and beauty in its national parks and reserves, tranquil eucalyptus forests, wide sweeping plains, dry lake beds, low lying scrub land and spinifex fields.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @odysseymedic
Search Psychiatrist Jobs
Register for psychiatrist jobs and get access to jobs worldwide, track applications and sign up for job alerts.
You can also follow us on twitter @odysseymedic for latest medical and OB/GYN jobs