We are seeking a Director of Medical Services to commence as soon as possible, depending on on-boarding documentation, for a 3-6 month contract in coastal Western Australia. The role offers an exciting opportunity to work in a senior leadership role overseeing the operational management of three regional hospitals in one of Australia's finest tourist regions.
What you will do:
1. Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia.
2. Recognised clinical experience and/or postgraduate qualifications commensurate with clinical duties and medical administration role.
3. Considerable experience in a senior management role in the health sector, preferably in a hospital environment.
4. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
5. Demonstrated excellent strategic management and planning skills.
6. Demonstrated experience in the application of continuous quality improvement principles including managing change and the implementation and evaluation of integrated clinical governance strategies.
7. Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Employment Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, Act, Freedom of Information and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
8. Eligible for / or in possession of a current C or C-A Class drivers licence.
1. Postgraduate qualifications in health administration eg. FRACMA, FAFPHM, MBA, MHA, or progress towards their attainment.
2. Experience in liaising with private Visiting Medical Practitioners (VMPs) and government and non-government agencies.
Located just 200km south of state capital Perth, and twice voted Western Australia's Top Tourism Town, and just a short hop from the Margaret River wine region, Busselton gives you plenty of reasons to take the 2-hour-and-40-minute drive or 50-minute flight south from Perth.
One of Western Australia's first settlements, Busselton sits on the Indian Ocean and is blessed with tranquil waters, white sands, lush lawns and shady pine trees of the main swimming beach. Here, and along a 30-kilometre coastline of immaculate beaches, you can try your hand at fishing, water skiing, snorkelling, scuba diving, windsurfing, kayaking or sailing in the calm waters of Geographe Bay
Its iconic, heritage-listed jetty was originally built in 1865, and a ticket to ride with the Busselton Jetty Experience takes you all the way to the end to get a glimpse of the colourful fish and tropical corals that have made it their home, thanks to the warm waters of the Leeuwin current.
If you are interested in this role please apply or get in touch.