A consultant in diagnostic radiology is sought for a general hospital near Wellington, the capital of New Zealand. You can expect excellent working conditions in a modern well-equipped hospital, good collegial relations with colleagues, a sound CME programme and a great relocation package. The role is full time and permanent although part time work can be considered.
- To provide effective, efficient and professional clinical radiology services during contracted sessions. This may include performance of general radiology reporting, fluoroscopy, CT, MRI, ultrasound and interventional radiology.
- Clinical coverage of the radiology services is shared on a weekly session timetable with on-call duties by Radiologists and consists of an extensive range of radiological procedures, reporting, clinical meetings and consultations.
- To actively support the growth and development of the departments in expertise and procedures offered.
Skill and Qualifications
Applicants must hold or be eligible for vocational registration with the New Zealand Medical Council and hold FRANZCR or equivalent qualifications.
As well as excellent clinical skills, you will need to demonstrate proficiency in these key areas:
- Innovation of services and an enthusiasm for creative problem solving. You will be responsible for the integration of primary and secondary care services.
- Dedication to the provision of service quality
- Team working to effectively achieve defined goals.
- Understanding of cultural diversity and sensitive cultural issues
- Ability to provide integrated care within several disciplines
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Commitment to education and inspiration of junior medical staff, medical students and other health professionals studying at the University of Auckland and the Bay of Plenty Clinical School.
- Interest in clinical research
The Radiology Department serves the population of the Hutt Valley and Wairarapa District Health Boards and has a wide variety of clinical referrers, including regional plastic surgery and rheumatology services as well as 2 Emergency departments plus Regional Breast Screening and Symptomatic Breast Services.
Hutt Valley is part of Wellington, Capital of New Zealand. The region offers great restaurants, a vibrant cultural scene and coffee culture as well as ample opportunity for outdoor pursuits. Sailing, water sports, cycle trails and walking trails among wooded hillsides with fantastic views abound in the “Coolest Little in Capital the World (Lonely Planet)”.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your cv for consideration.