We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Consultant Radiologist to join a team of 6 Consultants and training Registrar based in a general hospital in one of New Zealand's most scenic areas of the North Island.
The hospital provides secondary healthcare services for a resident population of 105,000 and has recently undergone significant upgrades and the addition of new facilities.
The radiology department provides the following imaging modalities:
• 1.5T Philips Achieva MR unit
• New (Oct 2015) GE Resolution GSI CT
• Siemens Artis Zee C-arm fluoroscopy suite
• GE Logic ultrasound units & GE Centricity RIS/PACS
• Teleradiology service reduces time spent on call
• Healthy department quality/ audit/ teaching activities
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua and Taupo is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking .Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere and you have one of the best places in the world to work as a Radiologist.
- diagnostic radiology reporting of plain film xrays, MRI, CT scans
- Ultrasound reporting
- supervision and training of registrar in radiology
• Hold FRANZCR/FRCR/ACR Board certification or equivalent
• Be eligible for specialist registration or be within three months of obtaining it
• Be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Salary and pension benefits
- 6 weeks annual paid leave
- opportunities for private practice
- an attractive relocation remuneration package
- CME allowance for successful permanent appointments