A Consultant Radiologist is sought for a permanent job in a 350 bed teaching hospital in the North Island of New Zealand. The role includes Diagnostic Radiology (MRI, CT, Xray, ultrasound) and interventional radiology with the following skills:
- Vascular intervention including angioplasty/ stenting, embolisation (neuro skills NOT needed)
- Biliary intervention, access, stenting
- All drain insertion
- Vascular access including haemodialysis access and PICC line insertion
- MSK intervention, eg US guided steroid injections is desirable
- Breast work (optional)
The Radiology Department conducts 96,000 examinations per year and has excellent modern equipment including CT, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, DSA, six DR imaging rooms and Nuclear Medicine with two gamma cameras. The mammography service is provided off site at the local breast imaging centre. RIS/PACS was installed in 2009. The PACS is linked to a regional archive with 5 other hospitals and the RIS will be shared with these same hospitals over 2015/16.
A private provider, has an MRI in the hospital grounds and there are opportunities for candidates to be employed by both private and public services, with an attractive remuneration package available. There is also the opportunity to work in Breast Screening.
The Medical Imaging Department has seven full time and four part-time Radiologists, three Radiology Registrars, Medical Radiation Technologists, with 14 administration staff supporting these professional groups.
- Medical degree and a postgraduate qualification in Diagnostic Radiology which is suitable for licensure with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fellowship or subspecialist training in interventional procedures
- Fluent English communication
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this role, apply on line with a detailed and up to date CV