Role: Consultant Urologist
Contract: Fixed Term 12 months, full time with on call commitment
This post is to provide leave cover for a negotiable period of time up to 12 months.
It is based in a regional general hospital but requires some travel to conduct clinics in a smaller regional hospital in Kaitaia on a rostered basis.
Participation in the afterhour's on-call roster (usually 1:4) is required. You will also need to participate in the supervision and teaching of resident medical officers within the urology service.
As a region Northland is renowned for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle. There are great surf beaches and beautiful harbours and bays for sailing, kite surfing and windsurfing. It is also a top spot for fishing and diving with easy access to the world famous Poor Knights Marine reserve. There are also many beautiful forests and stunning hills to explore and climb.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
- Delivery of planned care urology services
- Provision of acute care urology services
- Patient information and informed consent
- Communication with staff and patients
- Education and teaching of resident medical officers and other professional groups
- Knowledge and practice is updated and maintained
- Participation in quality assurance programmes
- Actively contributes to continuous quality improvement activities
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRACS or equivalent such as FRCSC, FRCS / CCT , American Board of Urology
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.