Role: Psychiatrist with Substance Abuse Community Team and Acute In patent work
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: Full time or Part Time
In this role you will be working with a Community Mental Health and Addictions multidisciplinary clinical team, the acute inpatient unit, NGO and primary care providers. You will work with clinicians in a number of cross-district service relationships that include general adult, consultation liaison, child and adolescent, addiction and mental health services for older people.
We are looking for a Psychiatrist who has a passion for service development and an interest in education and research. There is opportunity to work with Auckland University Medical School students and Psychiatry Registrars. Full time and part time options will be considered.
The hospital is a 125 bed facility in the Eastern Bay of Plenty, essentially a satellite of the larger hospital in Tauranga, and has 24/7 emergency services, and general medical and surgical services. The psychiatric department has 10 beds for acute admissions, as well as substance abuse and eating disorder services.
The community is vibrant and engaged and the surroundings spectacular with beautiful beaches and wilderness areas all close by. There is outstanding access to diverse outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide range of schooling options.
- hold or be eligible for vocational registration in Psychiatry with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRANZCP or an equivalent qualification (MRCPsych / CCT. FRCPC, American Board of Psychiatry all accepted)
- Clean drivers licence
- Work within the alcohol and other drug sector; preferably within Opioid Substitution Treatment and/or substance withdrawal treatment.
- Experience in writing policy
- Provision of peer consultation and staff consultation
- Experience of a clinical leadership role
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration