Looking for an interesting role in Adult General Psychiatry based in a scenic location with a combined in patient and community based service? Our client in North Island New Zealand seeks to hire an experienced Adult General Psychiatrist for a role located in a rural setting famed for big game fishing and tourism.
Located in Kawakawa, the Bay of Islands Hospital is a small hospital run by four doctors that provides primary and secondary care to the population of the Bay of Islands and the Mid-North. Despite its small size, the hospital provides comprehensive medical and paediatric services to the local community as well as operating supporting services and a substantial community health service.
Facilities include a fifteen bed inpatient ward in a mixture of general medicine and paediatric beds, four post-natal beds with two delivery suites, a four-bed Accident Department, Radiology and laboratory services and Outpatient clinics. The Community Health Services offered by the hospital include Alcohol and Drug Services, Mental Health, Paediatric Outreach Services, Diabetes, Community, Nursing, Public Health and Social Work
The Bay of Islands Hospital is part of the Northland District Health Board. The hospital is 45 minutes from Whangarei and 2and 1/2 hours from Auckland. The area offers excellent comfortable living standards and a good range of public and private schools.
- Provision of General Adult and Substance Abuse services in out patient and community setting
- Provision of in patient sub acute psychiatric care in local regional hospital
- Education and supervision of junior medical staff and students
- Medical Degree awarded by a medical school recognised by WHO
- Eligibility for License with Medical Council of New Zealand with vocational scope in Psychiatry
- FRANZPsych or equivalent
- Fluent English communication