Role: Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult General Psychiatry
Contract: 5 years, full time, permanent
- Public sector regional hospital in Western Australia with excellent modern facilities
- Clinical duties are combined with active teaching role
- Full time role with a contract up to 5 years duration
- Specialist registration in Psychiatry with Australian Medical Board (AHPRA) required
- FRANZCPsych or equivalent essential
- Experience in acute psychiatry essential
- Excellent working conditions
- Competitive salary package
In this role you will be accountable for the clinical management of patients (including families and carers) of the region as a member of the multidisciplinary team. You will also provide clinical services primarily to the Acute Psychiatric Unit (APU), and to the whole region as required in agreement with the Clinical Director and Regional Mental Health Manger.
In addition, this position will provide supervision, training and education to Junior Medical Staff and Registrars in training for the RANZCP.
Suitable candidates must be eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia AHPRA), hold Fellowship with The Australian and New Zealand College Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or RANZCP recognised equivalent specialist qualifications/recognition.
You will have demonstrated significant clinical experience managing high acuity patients in an acute mental health setting and have the ability to understand service strategic and operational requirements, and implement sustainable change to improve patient safety and reduce access blocks or delays in access to care. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to understand service strategic and operational requirements, and implement sustainable change to improve patient safety and reduce access blocks or delays in access to care. You must have highly developed effective communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to represent the organisation externally.
- Provides psychiatric care and general treatment in both inpatient and outpatient facilities
- Provides supervision for community care including community treatment orders.
- Acts for the Clinical Director in his/her absence, as required.
- Participates in an on-call roster.
- Supervises trainee psychiatrists and medical officers and participates in the teaching of other health professionals.
- Travels within the region as required.
- Liaises and confers regularly with general practitioners, other health care professionals and agencies on clinical matters and treatment programs.
- Attends to statutory requirements under the Mental Health Act 2014 concerning the assessment, admission, detention and discharge of patients.
Salary: MP Year 1-9 $355,763 - $452,953 p.a (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.