Role: Community Psychiatrist Consultant
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Kaitaia North Island New Zealand
Working Hours: Full time
A consultant psychiatrist working with a regional Mental Health and Addiction Services Team providing general adult community based psychiatric care. You will be one of two psychiatrists managing 240 patients currently registered.
The area has a high level of deprivation which impacts on mental health and addiction services. 53% of the client base are Maori.
- To provide Clinical leadership for the Mental Health multidisciplinary team.
- To provide psychiatric assessment and management of patients and expert psychiatric opinion and advice to clinicians working within other specialties.
- To provide Psychiatric input for patients in the Sub-Acute unit.
- To provide assessment and management, participate in court hearings and to undertake any other activities required to fulfil the role of Responsible Clinician for patients subject to the Mental Health Act.
- To act as an effective member of multidisciplinary teams in both Mental Health Services and other specialist services.
- To provide supervision when required to a registrar and other clinicians.
The beautiful Northland covers an area of 12,600 square kilometres with a population of approximately 160,000. Boasting some of the most scenic and exciting coastal areas of New Zealand, here is your opportunity to prioritise your work-life balance whilst joining a brilliant working environment and collaborative team.
- Specialist qualification in psychiatry FRANZCP or equivalent board certification
- Vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this.
- Experience in General Adult Psychiatry.
- Experience in child and youth psychiatry.
- Current Full NZ drivers’ licence
- Experience as a supervisor of psychiatric registrars.
- Experience working in a rural community setting.
If you are interested in this post, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
For new roles sign up for job alerts and follow us on twitter @odysseymedic