Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Scope of practice : Ultrasound
Contract: 2 years, renewable
Obstetrician and gynaecologist consultant working with a team of consultant and specialist physicians based in a JCI accredited private hospital in Riyadh providing primary, secondary, and selected tertiary care.
Hospital facilities include 24/7 emergency department, medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, family medicine, anaesthesia, ENT, ophthalmology, orthopaedics and urology services with support from pathology and medical imaging.
You can expect excellent facilities, western trained senior medical staff and a generous tax free salary package including furnished accommodation, flights and health insurance.
Working hours are 48 per week and 6 day working week is normal. Weekends in Saudi Arabia are Friday and Saturday. Employment contracts are for 2 years and renewable by mutual consent.
- Assessment and management of patients all obstetric and gynaecology patients
- Performance of gynaecologist surgical procedures and operative deliveries
- Post-operative patient care
- Labour and delivery room care
- Ultrasound examinations
- Supervise specialist physicians
- Maintain clear patient records
- Attend regular and appropriate CME
- a board certification / Specialist accreditation in obstetrics and gynaecology from USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Western Europe
- 3-5 years minimum attending / consultant experience after specialist accreditation
- Fluent English communication.
- Valid unrestricted licence in country of current practise
- A Data Flow Report will be needed before starting work.
Arabic language would be viewed positively, but not essential
Riyadh is the capital city of Saudi Arabia and the centre of political, economic, commercial, and financial activity in the country. Designated a global city, it has a population of almost 7 million and excellent transport links to the rest of the Middle East, Europe and Asia.
Search Obstetrician and Gynaecologist Jobs
Register for obstetrician and gynaecologist jobs and get access to jobs worldwide, track applications and sign up for job alerts.
You can also follow us on twitter @odysseymedic for latest medical and OB/GYN jobs